Want to foster a dog? These are the steps:
1. Fill in an application form: /uploads/1/5/4/6/15462604/big___small_foster_application_form_2015_december_v1.doc
2. Email the rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application form attached and let us know which dog you are interested in fostering.
3. Someone from the rescue will be in touch to interview you, if you are a good fit.
4. Please be patient with us. We are volunteers and getting back to everyone can be very strenuous. Please don't be disheartened if you don't hear from us. And please feel free to email us again when you see the next dog you'd like to foster.
5. Read our Foster Booklet with answers to frequently asked questions about fostering:
6. Know your City ByLaws for Pet Care before fostering:
7. Fosters are not automatically eligible to adopt their foster dog. Finding the right fit for the dog is the Society's priority.
8. Fosters-to-adopt must comply with the Society's Foster Agreement in full in order to be considered as an adopter of their foster dog.
9. Fosters-to-adopt must follow the adoption procedure in order to be considered for adoption.
10. All vetting while fostering is covered by the Society at their assigned vets.
11. Taking the foster dog to a vet other than the Society's assigned vet requires permission from the Society before hand. Treatment and procedures for the foster dog, must be authorized by the Society beforehand.
12. Taking a foster dog to any other vet other than the one assigned by the Society will not be reimbursed by the Society.